Chemical Waste Disposal
Properly disposing of waste is critical. Follow these simple steps to make sure you are safely dealing with any chemicals you may have used. A variety of containers to choose from are located under the sink on the west wall of 303B.
- Put the chemicals in a secure container.
- Complete the EH&S condoned Chemical Waste Label.
- While filling out this label, the chemical name must be written out for every chemical in the container (e.g. write 'hydrochloric acid', not 'HCl')
- Include the percentages of how much of each chemical it contains. The total must add up to 100 %.
- Adhere the the label to the container.
- Place the waste in the grey bin on the counter in 303B.
- When enough waste has accumulated, a request must be submitted for pickup.
You can read more about chemical waste disposal on the EH&S website.