Chemical Waste Disposal
Last updated 110827 by Rebecca Teel
Properly disposing of waste is critical. Follow these simple steps to make sure you are safely dealing with any chemicals you may have used.
1. Put the chemicals in a secure container.
2. Label the container as ‘waste’ as well as with every type of chemical that the container stores.
3. Include the percentages of how much of each chemical it contains.
4. Place the waste in the grey bin on the counter in 303B.
Scenario: You just finished acidification of your samples.
1. Put the acid as well as any acid contaminated materials in a bottle.
2. Label the bottle “Waste, 80%- 20% HCl, 15% paper towel, 5% sediment”